The Accessibility Commissioner is a very important new position in the Accessible Canada Act. Michael Gottheil was selected by the federal government in May 2022. As the Accessibility Commissioner, Mr. Gottheil is a member of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. He has the following duties.
- He enforces most of the Act.
- He deals with most accessibility complaints.
- He makes annual reports to the Minister.
- He makes and publishes special reports.
- He advises the Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Disability Inclusion, Carla Qualtrough on managing the Act.
Resources on the Accessible Canada Act